Brands do not exist independently from the stories that surround them. Stories often dominate the experience of a brand even more than the respective product, and they are essential for understanding cultural differences, e.g. between Europe and the U.S. With social media and the emerging metaverses, these narratives increasingly come to life and play a crucial role co-creating brand experiences together with customers or users. Consequently, narrative strategy, storytelling and world-building become prime tools for management. We will discuss how brand affect can be influenced by narratives, how to build good narratives, and how to craft an interactive and immersive brand experience with them. We will briefly introduce a quantitative method to measure the impact of narrative strategy.
- Today, brand experience is a social, co-creative process defined by stories shared. This will increase with the emerging metaverses.
- Narrative strategy is an essential management tool to shape customer experience and lead a modern brand.
- The success of narrative strategy can be quantified and might be correlated to cultural differences.
- Bernhard Fischer-Appelt, CEO & Founder, fischerAppelt AG
- Jack Loveridge, Executive Director, Initiate: Digital Rights in Society
Jens Hoffmann, President & Managing Director, fischerAppelt, Inc.
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.