Websites, emails, and social media - all important places to share your brand and tell your story, but are these places accessible to people with disabilities? You will learn what digital accessibility means, how to include users with disabilities, and where to find resources to support your digital accessibility practice.
In this session, attendees will receive an introduction to digital accessibility, including key points of consideration when designing for users with several types of disabilities (visual, auditory, motor, cognitive), and actionable best practices (descriptive links, appropriate color contrast, alternative text) that they can use to create accessible digital content without coding.
Other Resources / Information
- Participants will be able to define digital accessibility and why it matters.
- Participants will learn about key design considerations for including users with visual, auditory, motor, and/or cognitive disabilities.
- Participants will be able to apply several best practices to their own digital content.
- Erica Braverman, Community Engagement Specialist, Knowbility, Inc.
- Jessica McKay, Director of Community Programs, Knowbility
Erica Braverman, Community Engagement Specialist, Knowbility, Inc.
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.