This topic will go in depth on 6 different ways in which entrepreneurs can gain access to funds and find capital to grow an existing start-up or fund a new start-up. How top level accountants and grant providers look at capital from a different viewpoints and show that money is still available as long as you know where to look.
1: Cost of Equity w/ formula Ashby
2: Loans - Bridge , Venture debt, SBA and traditional bank loans (requirements for each and how to access)
3: Pitch Competitions – (Grants, Angels, Networking Opportunities)
4: Government Programs - Economic/Tax Stimulus Incentives (Offerings vary by State)
5: Purchase Order Financing, Pre Orders – Deposits, factoring & bootstrapping
6: Accelerator Programs, Fellowships (accelerator programs, incubators and more
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- How to find the right alternative financing options based on your type of company that you have started or wish to start. i.e. product vs online
- Where to find the appropriate partners and how to identify what area's of focus different funding sources offer. i.e. Coca-Cola = Women Founders
- How to start a business affordably by bootstrapping a company without going into credit card debt or high interest financing debt.
- Jack Mccullough, President of CFO Leadership Council, CFO Leadership Council
- Ashby Walters, Founder, AW Vanguard
- Tong Qin, Founder / CEO, TPGI
- Anil Rathi, Founder, Skild
Ajay Shah, Strategic Partnerships, AWV
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.