The urgency to create equitable communities where all people thrive continues, but most solutions have been slow to bring change. Especially in Minneapolis, which has one of the largest racial wealth gaps in the nation and has been the epicenter of racial unrest in America. But a pioneering movement in the city, led by entrepreneur Houston White, is building a vibrant community that supports business development, celebrates culture and nurtures belonging so Black people can thrive. Hear and discuss how this unique approach, fueled by creative, corporate and civic partners, is expected to transform Minneapolis’ reputation while providing a powerful blueprint for change across the country.
Other Resources / Information
- Strategies for community members, civic leaders and corporations to take meaningful action starting now toward a racially equitable world.
- How to partner with and activate civic, corporate and creative leaders to create a more equitable and intercultural future led by communities of color
- Unique ways to attract & elevate BIPOC employees in your corporation and community, as well as to create true belonging through culture.
- Houston White, Entrepreneur, Designer, Community Leader, Houston White, The Get Down Coffee Company, Camdentown Minneapolis
- Sam Soulek, VP, Group Design Director, 10 Thousand Design
Jen Stack, EVP, Marketing & Communications, Colle McVoy
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.