The film and TV industry has been undergoing a massive paradigm shift in recent years thanks to real-time technology. We’ve seen how game engines have completely transformed filmmaking with virtual production. The next frontier is real-time, believable digital humans. New cloud-based tools are making it possible, for the first time, for anyone to create fully rigged photorealistic digital humans in just minutes – an unprecedented leap for something that was previously specialized, time-consuming, and expensive. This panel will host a range of filmmakers who are utilizing real-time technology and digital humans in compelling and unexpected ways - on projects ranging from films, to VR experiences, to animated series such as Netflix’s ‘Love Death & Robots.’
- Learn how real-time tools unlock performance-driven workflows, fostering a more spontaneous, collaborative, and iterative creative process
- Learn how tools for creating digital humans have become more accessible to artists of all experience levels and budgets, and how you can leverage them
- Hear real-world production examples from a mix of leading studio and independent creators, with tangible application to your own projects
- Miles Perkins, Industry Manager, Film & Television, Epic Games
- Emma Needell, Filmmaker, World Builder, Evil Monster Dog, Inc.
- Alton Glass, CEO, Storyteller, GRX Immersive Labs
- Jerome Chen, Senior VFX Supervisor and Director, Sony Pictures Imageworks
Shannon Deoul, Account Supervisor, Raz Public Relations
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.