How can teachers offer students real opportunity and get real results within the system we have?
This panel will re-ground equity efforts in the classroom, underscoring how daily lessons can offer students multiple paths to recognizing their own brilliance. We’ll explore how teachers can show students how to think, not what to think, so they thrive as full participants in a diverse, multicultural world. We make the future.
Other Resources / Information
- Attendees will interrogate their definition of student success, questioning dominant values of individualism, competition, and colorblindness.
- Attendees will learn ways to integrate challenging academics, well-being, and positive identity development in teaching and learning.
- Attendees will feel inspired to name key actions they can take in their own sphere to support collective movement toward fair opportunity.
- Chong-Hao Fu, Chief Executive Officer, Leading Educators
- LaKimbre Brown, Chief of Networks, Leading Educators
- Laura Meili, Chief of Impact, Leading Educators
Adan Garcia, Director Of Communications, Leading Educators
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.