UnboundEd and Pivot Learning promote culturally responsive instruction in math by working with educators to design and implement solutions like adopting and implementing high-quality instructional materials. This session will elevate the school district voice, focusing on what is needed to transform coherent instructional systems with Pivot and UnboundEd’s Math Identity Leadership Accelerator® (MILA™), where leaders learn how to apply culturally responsive math practices.
- Begin to build an understanding of what it means to apply culturally responsive math practices
- Begin to develop capacity to use school structures to promote grade-level, engaging, affirming, and meaningful math instruction
- Isolate some of the barriers within the district-wide system preventing successful change management
- Jamahr McDaniel, Senior Director, Curriculum Services, Pivot Learning
- Kathleens Stevens, Director of Math, PreK-12, Guilford County Schoola
- Laura Robell, Vice-President, Client Engagement, UnboundEd
Gavin Reagins, Program Associate, Pivot Learning
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.