Women in the entertainment industry have always had to fend for themselves. Those in the business today claim very little has truly changed since the 1970s regarding men's attitudes. What has changed is the increasing number of strong, brave, and independent women taking charge. Whether on the corporate or artistic side or something in between. They persist! They resist. Even as the media obscenely shames, blames, and points a finger at women. They are busy creating a new 21st-century reality for themselves and generations to come. The discussion topic is Women Who Have Integrity and Courage in the Entertainment Industry.
- How the challenges of pay inequity, sexual harassment, bribery, or slander were met and overcome by the panelists.
- How each panelist upheld her integrity throughout her career in the entertainment industry.
- Concrete solutions for women to act with integrity, strength, and courage in the entertainment industry in the 21st century.
- Elise Krentzel, CEO, EK Public Relations
- Cathleen Trigg-Jones, CEO, IWomantv
- Roggie Baer, CEO, RajiWorld LLC
- Thea Wood, Founder, Herizon Music Foundation
Elise Krentzel, CEO, EK Public Relations
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.