The COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on student health and emotional well-being has come on top of other stressors, including the trauma-inducing effects of the events that laid bare systemic racism and spurred a national reckoning on race. This discussion with experts, teachers and principals will focus on how educators are fostering well-being and resilience for students and teachers in the face of unprecedented stress, as a core lever to supporting academic achievement.
Other Resources / Information
- Learn how schools and districts can foster well-being and resilience in the face of unprecedented stress while also supporting academic achievement.
- Understand unique approaches identified by the UCSF HEARTS program, Leadership Academy, and Classical Academy.
- Learn about practices and resources to support student wellbeing and academic achievement.
- Brooke Stafford-Brizard, Vice President, Research to Practice, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Joyce Dorado, Director, UCSF HEARTS
- Nancy Gutiérrez, President & CEO, The Leadership Academy
- Stacey Perez, Principal, Classical Academy
Thomas Rodgers, Vice President, Whiteboard Advisors
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.