With student mental health at the top of minds, policy-makers and educators are looking for solutions to the “second pandemic.” But, supporting student wellbeing takes more than a single solution; it truly “takes a village” and a whole-school approach to wellbeing. This panel of experts will explore what it takes to promote whole-school wellbeing, including the well-being of teachers and students, along with potential policy implications that could encourage more holistic approaches to SEL.
- Understand the importance of whole-school approaches to wellbeing in proactively promoting student mental health.
- Learn about specific practices that are key to whole-school wellbeing approaches and the role data can play in supporting and monitoring wellbeing.
- Explore ways that states and districts can better support whole-school (including teacher) wellbeing and mental health.
- Mike Ruyle, Author and Associate, Marzano Resources and Solution Tree
- Peter Sheahan, Co-Founder, Educator Impact
- Christina Theokas, Chief Applied Science Officer, Turnaround for Children
- Cynthia Robinson-Rivers, Head of School, Van Ness Elementary
Anna Hutchinson, Senior Associate, Whiteboard Advisors
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.