While "critical race theory" debates were stealing headlines, educators, organizations and researchers have been engaged in the hard work of redesigning our K-12 systems with equity at the forefront. From culturally responsive teaching practices to rethinking how schools use resources, this panel will discuss what it takes to move beyond the political rhetoric in order to establish equitable models of learning.
Other Resources / Information
- Understand culturally responsive teaching practices - the other CRT - and how educators and partners are advancing practice.
- Learn about the various shifts that need to take place in districts and schools to support teachers in addressing issues of equity in the classroom.
- Learn about ways policy can support the shifts that need to take place to address issues of equity.
- Zaretta Hammond, Author/Advocate, CRT and the Brain
- Tanji Reed Marshall, Director of P-12 Practice, The Education Trust
- Jilliam Joe, VP Learning Insights, LEAP Innovations
- Alia Wong, Journalist, USA Today
Hillary Knudson, Director, Whiteboard Advisors
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.