You’ll hear directly from young people about their STEM learning, elevate their voices, & grapple with what they share. You'll get concrete tools you can apply to participatory goal-setting in your own organizations & communities. The workshop draws from the massively diverse & participatory unCommission where young people from communities excluded from STEM, focusing on Black, Latinx, and Native American communities, shared their experiences and identified goals for the future of STEM learning.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Learn how a massively participatory process can yield field-level goals as you apply tested tools to an audacious problem you're confronting.
- Hear directly from young people, in their own voices, about their learning experiences in science, math, and technology
- Gain tools to mobilize communities and champion the insights gleaned from these young people
- Talia Milgrom-Elcott, Executive Director and Co-Founder, 100kin10
- LaVerne Srinivasan, Vice President, National Program, Program Director, Education, Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Student First Name Placeholder Student Last Name Placeholder, Student Storyteller, TBD
Grace Doramus, Chief Innovation Officer, 100Kin10
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.