On this panel we will explore what "sustainability" really means for businesses, from agricultural practices, community governed investing models, and CPG products to building safer, stronger and more equitable communities. From the unique perspectives of four sustainability leaders in different industries - a climate activist, a cannabis entrepreneur spearheading regenerative agriculture, an impact investing organization creating sustainable and equitable food systems and a clean beauty brand with an earth-first mission - we will discuss how businesses are centering sustainable practices, community needs and voices, and redistribution of wealth into their operations, culture and supply chains, and the ways entrepreneurs can contribute to a sustainable future.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How are businesses incorporating sustainable practices into their operations, culture and supply chains?
- Do we need to redefine what a "successful" business looks like in today's world?
- How future entrepreneurs contribute to a sustainable future.
- Julia Jacobson, CEO / Co-Founder, Aster Farms
- Stephanie Sheperd, Nonprofit Co-Founder/Entrepreneur/Influencer, Future Earth
- Alisha Gallagher, Co-founder & Chief Brand Officer, MOB Beauty
- Olivia Watkins, President, Black Farmer Fund
Julia Jacobson, CEO & Co-Founder, Aster Farms
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.