Michael Pollan told us to "eat food, not too much, mostly plants," but have we taken the latter too literally and has the flooding of highly-processed fruits, vegetables and “plant-based” meat alternatives made us obsessed with “plant-based” foods? Is this really the best future we can envision? Using the resilience of wholesome ingredients, we believe in the viability of “prepare and preserve” over ultra-processed. Our panel brings together a plant-based yogurt pioneer, an alternative animal protein advocate, a farming entrepreneur, and a social impact investor to talk about the future of real and plant-based foods in order to explore what is truly the best way to restore our relationship with nature and society.
Other Resources / Information
- We must change how we produce and consume plant-based foods.
- Small and regional/local players are key to creating less processed foods with shorter supply chains.
- Wholesome ingredients are key to restoring our relationship with nature and society.
- Shen Tong, Managing Partner, FoodFutureCo
- Patrick Mateer, Founder/ CEO, Seal the Seasons
- Jason Jones, Chief Growth Officer, Aspire Food Group
- Bonnie Lau, CEO and Founder, Yoconut Dairy Free
Shen Tong, Managing Partner, FoodFutureCo
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.