Food waste is rampant in America. Each year, 35% of all food produced in the US is thrown away. Meanwhile, more than 42 million Americans struggle with hunger.
Startups are uniquely positioned to play a role in creating a world with zero hunger and zero waste in a post-pandemic world. With annual investment of $14 billion over the next ten years food waste can be reduced by 45 million tons each year.
In this panel, Village Capital and The Kroger Co. Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation will bring together a diverse group of innovators and funding leaders with lived experience and unique perspective to discuss the capital landscape for startups as well as the role that they play in creating a sustainable and inclusive food system.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Inform the audience of the possibilities for innovative startups to create a world with zero hunger and zero waste.
- Explain the present funding limitations and demonstrate how more capital can flow to support innovative startups.
- Present unique, experience-driven perspectives on the ways startups can create a more inclusive and sustainable food system.
- Sunny Reelhorn Parr, Executive Director, The Kroger Co. Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation
- Kelly Bryan, Sustainability Practice Lead, Village Capital
- Shayna Harris, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Supply Change Capital Fund
- Kayla Castañeda, CEO and Co-Founder, Agua Bonita
MacKenzie Wade, Programs Manager, Little Herds
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.