If you’re an artist, you should be in the driver’s seat of your career- without sacrificing the support of an experienced team. Unfortunately, that often isn’t the case. It’s time to redefine what being an independent artist truly means and what success can look like when you retain creative freedom and ownership of your music. “Independent” doesn't have to mean “alone”. This discussion will provide artists with the keys to understanding how an independent deal structure can work. And how to build the right team without having to give up the reins on their career.
Other Resources / Information
- Insight on various deal structure scenarios for independent artists who want to maintain ownership of their masters
- Short and long term payoffs of being independent
- How to assemble and engage a team that adds real value to your project (experienced personnel & resources)
- Ben Akinbola, Director, Strategy & Growth, AWAL
- Eve Fairley-Chickwe, Director A&R, AWAL
- Lizzie Hardy, General Manager, Split Second
Jamilla Johnson, Manager, Social Media and Creative Content, AWAL
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.