In 2020, we saw a rapid return to the nucleus, including immediate family, household, neighborhood, and community. We were forced to create connections and interact digitally, spurring unprecedented growth in online communities. But the rhetoric around online communities has vastly changed from the chat rooms and Facebook groups we knew to group meditations with Headspace or the communities built upon shared passions for the arts, in various forms. As we move further away from the depths of the pandemic, we see communities of all kinds remain, tightly bonded by their shared experiences and what fuels them. On this panel, we will discuss how to build, nurture, and grow meaningful communities across platforms, and how the idea of community has transcended what we once believed it to be.
- The importance of building and being part of an authentic community for a sense of belonging and passion for connection.
- Exploring the different definitions of community and how to build one based on how we define them: meaningful, impactful, for a greater purpose.
- How to utilize digital and new platforms to bolster communities old and new and maintain them as platforms and technology continue to evolve.
- Mayur Gupta, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, Gannett | USA TODAY NETWORK
- Val Kaplan, Chief Marketing Officer, Headspace
- Dominik Sanya, Senior Director and Global Head of Creator Marketing, Spotify
Stephanie Tackach, Sr Director, Corporate Communications, Gannett
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.