Today’s tech-driven society is rapidly transforming, bringing both opportunities and challenges – in 2050, what will the connected world look like? Join IBM Director of Research Dario Gil; NC State professor Fay Cobb Payton, a leading voice for broadening participation in computing; and USC professor and A.I. pioneer Yolanda Gil for a conversation about what lessons the current digital environment can reveal about our digital future. Moderator will be Erwin Gianchandani, NSF Senior Advisor and Co-Chair of the White House National Artificial Intelligence Research Resource Task Force.
- As technology integrates ever more into society, what complex challenges and solutions will emerge?
- How does the research of today provide a glimpse into the incredible technology of the future?
- For society to benefit from technology, we must all benefit - how can we ensure that outcome?
- Darío Gil, Senior Vice President and Director of IBM Research, IBM
- Yolanda Gil, Director of Strategic Initiatives in AI and Data Science, University of Southern California
- Fay Cobb Payton, Program Director, National Science Foundation, and Professor, Information Technology/Analytics at NC State University, U.S. National Science Foundation
- Erwin Gianchandani, Senior Advisor to the Director for Translation, Innovation, and Partnerships, National Science Foundation
Joshua Chamot, Public Affairs Specialist, U.S. National Science Foundation
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.