Welcome to How Music Charts, where we pull back the curtain on today’s music business, exploring music industry trends, music data, and the creativity that helps your favorite artists hit the charts.
Rutger and Jason are passionate music lovers, as well as spreadsheet-loving data nerds. Who's with us?!
We'll record an epic live podcast with you, answering your data needs, big and small, offering our unsolicited advice, looking for your band's funniest Instagram post and seeing if it increased your Spotify monthly listeners...we'll re-hash our biggest topics like "trigger cities" marketing, have a special guest or two!
We're owned and operated by Chartmetric, a music data company that connects numbers to narratives to help the music industry leverage the power of data analytics.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- How is my artist / band's digital presence?
- What are "trigger cities", and does that global mindset of finding fans apply to my type of music?
- Between TikTok, regional Latin music, K-pop fandoms, and live music's odd relationship with data...what can I learn from them for my music career?
- Rutger Rosenborg, Digital Strategy Lead, Chartmetric
- Jason Joven, Manager of Music Data Insights, Chartmetric
Rutger Rosenborg, Digital Strategy Lead, ChartMetric
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.