There’s no question AI is getting smarter and more human-like and has the potential to change our world. Emerging technologies like GPT-3, multi-skilled AI, and Emotion AI can now replicate human-written text with uncanny realism; problem-solve, adapt, and react to unfamiliar situations; and understand human emotions, cognitive states, and activities. With these advancements in AI, there comes ethical challenges in how we integrate the technology into society and our lives. In this session, we will explore what a human-centric AI world can look like, how we can build emotional intelligence into our machines, and the massive potential this has to improve our lives — as well as the possible risks.
Other Resources / Information
- Learn about emerging AI technology that is more human-like than ever, such as GPT-3, multi-skilled AI, Emotion AI and more
- Explore the impact of these technologies on our lives and the benefits as well as the risks that could stem from smarter, emotion-aware AI
- Understand how to prioritize the ethical development and deployment of AI so that it works fairly and equitably for all humans
- Elizabeth Bramson-Boudreau, CEO & Publisher, MIT Technology Review
- Rana el Kaliouby, Former Co-Founder and CEO (now Deputy CEO of Smart Eye), Affectiva
Courtney Monasch, Associate, cred
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.