SXSW EDU 2022
Energy Workforce: The Future Power Source
Companies that invest in future-ready employees, invest in developing critical partnerships. Industry and education collaboration is critical to build and prepare the future workforce. This session will explore why collaborations between industry and post secondary education are critical to the energy economy and workforce innovations and how the Energy Providers Coalition for Education (EPCE) has sustained successful industry/education partnerships for over 20 years.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Participants will learn why over 3500 energy employers have a vested interest in industry-education partnerships for more than 20 years.
- Participants will learn why a convener role is critical to sustaining effective partnerships between academic institutions and employers
- Participants will learn how post secondary education develops innovative approaches to educate and train the energy sector technical workforce.
- Angela Lucas, Director, Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Christine Carpenter, Senior Vice President Engagement, CAEL
- Jim Auld, Director of Training and External Initiatives, Florida Power and Light/Next Era Energy
- Alicia Uhde, Director, Polytechnic Program Outreach
Angela Lucas, Director, Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.