Far too often, students are expected to fit within one given framework a school prescribes, even when the students don’t all learn the same way or at the same pace. One movement in education allows students to be co-creators of their learning experience - not just in pacing, but in content, extracurriculars, and career exploration opportunities. Learn how an emerging network of independent high schools in Los Angeles is taking this on in partnership with a global tech company.
Other Resources / Information
- Incite thoughtful conversation on project-based learning and the value of relevant, real-world internship opportunities and on-site mentoring.
- Hear from a student at Portal Schools on how this learning model has changed their educational experience.
- Discuss how companies can actively contribute to project-based learning and immersive education by lending resources and employee talent
- Jen Wei, Vice President of Global Communications, Belkin
- Tom Vander Ark, CEO + Partner, Getting Smart
- Eevee Mendez May, Student, Portal School
- Samantha Kelly, Reporter, CNN
Asees Singh, Sr. Global Communications Manager, Belkin
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.