The Oakland A's proved the collective wisdom of baseball insiders was outdated and often flawed using their techniques of data analysis to create a team of players for less money that was able to reach the playoffs in 2002 and 2003. Gartner predicts that by 2025 75% of venture capital will make investment decisions using AI. Through a combination of public market investment strategies and extensively tested machine learning algorithms, Vertex transforms early-stage venture investing into an investment that behaves like an index fund. The panel discussion provides a unique perspective of the fund manager and the investor who will discuss the problems that have traditionally hampered early-stage venture investing and the ways in which Vertex leverages ML to address them.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How Machine Learning is being used in Venture Capital decision making today
- Tangible ideas on how to improve startup investing results using data
- Why Venture Capital has an incentive to stick with “gut”
- Jake Moilanen, Chief Investment Officer, Valkyrie Capital Management
- Lanham Napier, Co-CEO, Build Acquisition Group
Evan Bleiweiss, Account Manager, Valkyrie Capital Management
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.