Where does the US's AI capabilities rank against China, and how does China's growing advancements impact our national security? As the Chinese government has been strategically focused on growing their AI capabilities, their technology has surpassed the US's in many ways, leading us into a modern-era Cold War. What role does the US government, private industry, entrepreneurs and investors have in ensuring that the US wins the AI race?
Additional Supporting Materials
- The Chinese government are aggressively investing in and deploying rapid AI innovations, outpacing the US.
- The US needs to continue funding AI research and deployment, but it has to remove bureaucratic red tape.
- The next 8 years of innovation will determine who wins the AI race, and success is dependent on public-private partnerships.
- Michael McCaul, Congressman, US House of Representatives
- Dave Spirk, DOD Chief Data Officer, Department of Defense
- Teresa Smetzer, VP of National Security Programs, Salesforce
- Charlie Burgoyne, Founder & CEO, Valkyrie
William Owen, Bd Associate, Valkyrie
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.