Youth tobacco use is at the highest in 20 years. With bathrooms dubbed “JUUL rooms,” schools are the front line of the epidemic. Truth Initiative & Kaiser Permanente developed a curriculum—Vaping: Know the truth—& offering it free to schools through EVERFI. It gives the facts to prevent use & offers free & anonymous text message program This is Quitting. This is Quitting has 350,000+ users and it has increased quit rates by nearly 40% among 18–24-year-olds compared to a control group.
Other Resources / Information
- Attendees will learn about the youth vaping epidemic, including why young people start using e-cigarettes and what resources can help them quit.
- Attendees will learn to deploy the curriculum & youth quit vaping program with best practices to address and prevent e-cigarette use in schools.
- Attendees will hear from an educator using this curriculum in the classroom, best practices for student engagement & student testimonials.
- Amy Taylor, Chief of Community Engagement, Truth Initiative
- Kim-Jamy Nguyen, District Lead, Texas, EverFi
- David Grossman, SVP, Community and Social Health, Kaiser Permanente
Meghan Peck, Vice President, EverFi
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.