Driven by consumer expectations and calls for change, brands today are taking a bolder stance on social, racial and political issues. But before a company gets behind solving an issue and launches their public campaign and commitment, what is happening internally to bring that campaign to light? In this session, you’ll meet the changemakers behind the largest dating apps for Black and Latinx singles and hear how they are bringing forward innovative social impact campaigns inside of a global corporation to create meaningful social change with their audiences. Their campaigns during the Black Lives Matter movement, the 2020 Presidential election, and the White House vaccine initiative, reached millions of people and connected their audiences in meaningful ways.
Other Resources / Information
- Determine what social issues are important to your brand, values and customer base.
- How to create meaningful social impact campaigns with collaboration from partnerships, agencies, and traditional media.
- Being prepared to respond to social issues that your audience cares about and would expect your brand to take a stand on.
- Jonathan Kirkland, Head of Brand, BLK, Match Group
- Julia Estacolchic, Head of Brand, Chispa, Match Group
- Talib Visram, Staff Writer and Host of World Changing Ideas podcast, Fast Company
Jennifer Conley, Vice President, Project Mockingbird
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.