The COVID-19 pandemic brought new attention to the importance of schools in supporting students’ physical & mental health and safety. States have a complicated tangle of laws and regulations that govern how schools support these issues. NASBE and Child Trends recently mapped this landscape across 200 topics. Joined by CCSSO, they will discuss the implications of existing and new school health & safety policies and strategies to move towards a more integrated framework post-pandemic.
Other Resources / Information
- Understand the current landscape of state laws and regulations that govern health and safety efforts in schools
- Learn about efforts of the leading state-level policy intermediaries (NASBE, CCSSO) to focus on health and wellbeing in COVID-19 recovery
- Develop strategies to inform ongoing policy debates surrounding school health and safety
- Deborah Temkin, Vice President, Youth Development & Education Research, Child Trends
- Kristen Harper, Director of Policy and Outreach, Child Trends
- Anne Bowles, Program Director, Student Centered Learning, Council of Chief State School Officers
- Megan Blanco, Director of Safe and Healthy Schools, National Association of State Boards of Education
Deborah Temkin, Vice President, Youth Development & Education Research, Child Trends
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.