What does globalization look like today in music? International success is quickly changing and Latin artists are at the forefront of this change. From reggaeton to pop to hip-hop and regional movements like Banda, Cumbia to crossovers in English and even K-pop - Spanish speaking artists are having their moment on a worldwide stage. Deezer and Chartmetric will discuss how regional Latin artists have captured the world’s attention, and why Spanish is the hottest language to sing in.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Understand why and how Latin artists continue to fuel global musical trends
- Key data that shows how Spanish is the crossover language for both regional and global artists
- What the future of Latin music looks like in Spanish, Spanglish and new musical trends
- Mauricio Mendoza, Head of Content and Industry Relations, Deezer
- Andreas Katsambas, President, Strategy/Marketing/Operations, Chartmetric
- Francisco Toscano, A&R Research Manager - Mexico & US Latin at Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Entertainment
Alice Suh, Head of Global PR, Deezer
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.