Feeding the Force: Army Food Trucks?
Join a discussion with the United States Department of Defense, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and experienced logistics professionals to learn about the improvements being made in food tech. How does the military feed its soldiers across the globe? What does it take to resupply in austere, immature locations? This panel will review the latest innovations in nutrition food technology as it relates to feeding service members.
Other Resources / Information
- Learn what solutions are readily available and the research and development underway to produce new innovations in food tech.
- Discover what aspects of food tech innovation have been patented and commercialized.
- Connect with experts who are working on solving logistical challenges on a grand scale.
- Hope Shimabuku, Regional Director, USPTO
- Christopher Burke, Lecturer, The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business
- Stephen Moody, Chief, Combat Feeding Division, Soldier Sustainment Directorate
- Robyn Metcalfe, Director, Food plus City, Lecturer School of Human Ecology, UT Austin / Food plus City
Reynaldo Vasquez, Texas Regional Outreach Officer, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.