Industry and policy leaders come together in this panel to share the challenges and opportunities presented by autonomous food delivery robots. Last-mile delivery startup Refraction AI's CEO Luke Schneider will discuss their customer acquisition strategy and how they are designing an engaging customer experience for the public. Connected vehicle policy expert Michele Mueller (MDOT) and legal expert Tifani Sadek (University of Michigan) will join Refraction AI in analyzing how the policy environment in Michigan and Texas shaped the deployment of their service. The panel will conclude with a discussion identifying the developments needed in technology and policy to enable ubiquitous and accessible robotic delivery. Beep boop beep: your order for the technology of the future has arrived!
- You will gain insight into the technology challenges and the evolving policy environments that impact the autonomous delivery of food.
- You will be fascinated to discover what lawmakers in Texas and Michigan are doing to create the foundations for safe and delicious delivery success.
- You will learn what more is needed to make this service available to you!
- Michele Mueller, Sr. Project Manager, Connected and Automated Vehicles and Electrification, Michigan Department of Transportation
- Tifani Sadek, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Michigan Law School
- Luke Schneider, CEO, Refraction AI
Alison Beatty, Mobility Specialist, Ann Arbor SPARK
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.