Redefine Equity in Cannabis with Access & Wealth
Cannabis legalization has highlighted the importance of equity in the industry, which many believe is either charitable work, or simply shaping public policy. As legalization expands to more states, it’s imperative to redefine equity to include influencing the way policy is written, improving access to capital, and using business to accelerate positive change while generating wealth for minority entrepreneurs.
In addition to equity, this session will address the stress caused by the War on Drugs, highlight how minority-led brands are changing the way cannabis is consumed, and explain how consumption lounges are the future for nightlife. Actionable insights will also show how entrepreneurs can create a safe, predictable and enjoyable cannabis experience that people want to share.
- How to increase equity for minority cannabis entrepreneurs.
- How minority-led brands are changing the way people consume cannabis.
- How entrepreneurs can create safe, predictable and enjoyable cannabis experiences that people want to share.
- Austin Stevenson, Chief Innovation Officer, Vertosa
- Cynthia Salarizadeh, Founder and President, House of Saka
- Tess Melody Taylor, Founder, Saucy
- Amanda Chicago Lewis, Journalist, Freelance (Wired, Rolling Stone, GQ)
Joe Kowalke, Vice President, Hotline Agency
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.