SXSW EDU 2021
Reimagining Civics Ed—Engagement Through Role Play
Discover a new tool for high school civics learning in a game-based context that also supports social and emotional skill-building. Explore how iThrive Sim weaves together narrative design and game mechanics to foster deep learning and engagement.
Share this idea
- Learn how live-action role play can support civics learning and social and emotional skills building.
- Learn how a tech-supported role-playing game can be integrated into existing high school civics curriculum, meeting state and national learning goals.
- Explore the design parameters that allow the game to be used in the least technology-enabled schools to reach traditionally disadvantaged schools.
- Susan Rivers, Executive Director and Chief Scientist, iThrive Games Foundation
- Mira Cohen, Director of Education, Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum/National Archives
Nicole Taylor, Senior Director of Communications, iThrive Games Foundation