SXSW EDU 2021
Lessons from the Trenches of Online Teaching
With virtually everyone teaching online during the pandemic, “Zoom fatigue” quickly became a real issue. Regardless, online learning is here to stay in some form and it's time to up your game. Having stress-tested their tactics throughout 2020, three professors have identified fatigue-proof approaches to teaching. Learn how to engage "the unengaged" through asynchronous classes, experiential activities and other tactics that will energize you and your students.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How to efficiently build engaging course materials.
- Understand common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- How to create experiential activities to propel the comprehension of content.
- Barbara Oakley, Professor of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Oakland University
- Angelita Howard, Assistant Professor of Medical Education, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Stephanie Speicher, Assistant Professor of Teacher Education, Weber State University
- Tara Graham, Vice President, Educators, Course Hero - Redwood City, CA
Niamh Hughes, Vice President Of Communications, Course Hero