SXSW EDU 2021
Lessons from the Trenches of Online Teaching
With virtually everyone teaching online during the pandemic, “Zoom fatigue” quickly became a real issue. Regardless, online learning is here to stay in some form and it's time to up your game. Having stress-tested their tactics throughout 2020, three professors have identified fatigue-proof approaches to teaching. Learn how to engage "the unengaged" through asynchronous classes, experiential activities and other tactics that will energize you and your students.
Share this idea
- How to efficiently build engaging course materials.
- Understand common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- How to create experiential activities to propel the comprehension of content.
- Barbara Oakley, Professor of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Oakland University
- Angelita Howard, Assistant Professor of Medical Education, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Stephanie Speicher, Assistant Professor of Teacher Education, Weber State University
- Tara Graham, Vice President, Educators, Course Hero - Redwood City, CA
Niamh Hughes, Vice President Of Communications, Course Hero