Stories of Resilience: Facing 2020 as an Indie
In this discussion, the American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is joined by members of the independent sector to examine the toll that 2020 took on the independent label community as a whole. Speakers will critically analyze how their labels have managed to stay afloat and maintain relevance amid a global pandemic and a subsequent deconstruction of the industry as we knew it. Whether live-streaming at-home acoustic performances, growing a flourishing sync licensing department, establishing a direct-to-fan merch vertical, or placing a renewed emphasis on catalogue marketing, learn how leading labels of all sizes are weathering the storm and setting themselves up for future success despite the many challenges thrown their way in 2020.
Other Resources / Information
- Gain insight into what it takes to build and maintain a truly resilient independent music company
- Learn how company leaders managed to keep colleagues engaged and cared for, and inspired creative thinking in moments of great instability
- Understand how various revenue verticals are trending for independent labels of all sizes, and where you and your staff should focus time & energy
- Alyssa Mark, Director, Label Member Relations, A2IM
- Rosie Lopez, President, Tommy Boy Music, Tommy Boy Music
- Trevor Peterson, Founder / Owner, Fire Talk Records
- Robert Filomena, Co-Founder, COO/CFO, Industria Works/Nacional Records
Alyssa Mark, Director, Label Member Relations, A2IM
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.