The relationship between music and visual art isn’t new. However, with audiences today primarily searching and consuming in the context of platforms like Instagram & TikTok, and the public’s growing fascination with creative technology, the inextricable link of music and image raises new questions, concerns, and opportunities. Musicians connect with audiences not just through their music, but also visually. Visual arts (film, performance, installation) often rely on music to complete the experience. Music + visual media collaborations can push forward both realms, resulting in something greater than the sum of its parts. In this conversation, artists, musicians, and creative technologists discuss their unique perspectives on the interplay between music and visual culture in their work.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Dive into the formation of identity and culture in audio & visual ecosystems, AR & CGI artists infiltrating music scenes, popular aesthetic, and more.
- Gain insight into a musicians’ process on representing their work visually, visual artists working with musicians to create multisensory experiences.
- Hear award-winning artist’s strategies on how to make audiovisual collaborations push forward all partners work, creativity & drive new opportunities.
- Ania Catherine, Artist, Operator
- Aaron Jablonski, Artist, exitsimulation
- Dejha Ti, Artist, Operator
- Tony Cruise, Artist, Prelude Agency
Sandira Blas, Sr. Curator & Researcher, Head of Creative Innovation, Factory Berlin
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.