Your Cinematic Universe
Join ReelwUrld for an exciting panel about how we're using technology to harness the collective power and creativity of fans to transform the entertainment landscape.
Fans create incredible content around their favorite franchises every day—fan fiction, fan art, LARP or cosplay— but other than the occasional shoutout from a brand, there’s little recognition for the fans. In the age of social media, how can we as a culture and community integrate the audience into larger narratives when Hollywood studios weren’t built to be inclusive? Your Cinematic Universe will explore the new frontier of fan involvement in narrative storytelling.
Other Resources / Information
- Tech in entertainment has evolved, storytelling hasn't. This must change to transform the entertainment landscape, and we can use tech to do it.
- Director in Your Pocket technology gives the audience the power of Hollywood studios and the access to make movies on their phone.
- Fans must take back their stories. User-generated fan content is franchise-worthy intellectual property.
- Autumn Kelly, Co-founder, ReelwUrld
- Jeff Gomez, CEO, Transmedia producer, Starlight Runner
- Jan Lucanus, CEO, Reelwurld
- Aaron Vanek, Partner, Spectacular Disaster Factory
Autumn Noel Kelly, Co-Founder, Reelwurld
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.