Theatre, AR & the Future of Live Performances
We need the arts now more than ever. Lockdowns across the world have decimated the theatre and live venue industries. Small and medium venues especially are in desperate need of assistance in connecting to audiences. This discussion brings together leaders in AR, immersive theatre and academic experts to explore the future of live performances. Sharing learnings from an ongoing experiment, the speakers will explore how technology can help provide a lifeline to the arts industry and how these learnings can be applied to other sectors. The technology tested in this experiment will provide a prototype to allow, not just those who have access to expensive technology, but anyone with a mobile device to capture engaging performances and live stream them in AR to audiences around the world.
Other Resources / Information
- How can we help provide a lifeline to the arts and live entertainment industries?
- How can we use readily accessible technology to democratise immersive performance?
- What does the future of live performance look like in a post-Covid world?
- Kim-Leigh Pontin, Creative Director, Nexus Studios
- Rebecca McCutcheon, Director, Lecturer in Acting & Directing, Lost Text Found Space / Royal Holloway University of London School of Performing & Digital Arts
- Aneta Mancewicz, Lecturer in Drama, Royal Holloway University of London School of Performing & Digital Arts
- James Bennett, Director, StoryFutures
Sophia Whitehead, Head Of Marketing, Nexus Studios
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.