SXSW EDU 2020
Getting Students Career Ready with Design Thinking
Are you an educator working to ready students to succeed in the future? How can you when the 21st-century workplace is continuously evolving? Design thinking may offer a way forward. Gain tips for helping students thrive in the global workforce from a panel of international design educators. Come learn specific strategies for leveraging design thinking to help drive employability and career readiness for the next generation while democratizing access to design and cultivating new talent.
Share this idea
- Incorporate design thinking in education to drive self-directed learning and the ability to construct knowledge as skills for future success.
- Use design thinking, or human-centered design, to help students discover the influence of culture and diversity in problem-solving.
- Draw on design thinking concepts to help students balance ambiguity with empathy, setting the stage for leadership in a rapidly evolving workplace.
- Martha Thorne, Executive Director and Dean, Pritzker Architecture Prize/ IE School of Architecture
- Tamie Glass, Associate Professor, The University of Texas at Austin
- Julie Schell, Executive Director and Assistant Professor of Practice , The University of Texas at Austin
- Guzman de Yarza, Academic Director/EMEA Head of Workplace Strategy, IE University/JLL
Cristina Mateo, Executive Director, IE School of Architecture and Design