As of July 1, 2017, per Census data, the Latinx community is the nation’s largest ethnic or racial minority and growing. This data point isn’t surprising considering 58.9 Million Latinx make up 18.1% of the US population - and growing. Latinx have a purchasing power of $1.7 Trillion and are fueling the marketplace. As creators, Latinx have the highest net new business growth demographics compared to all other groups. Moreover, as consumers AND creators, the Latinx community is an integral part of the future of work and innovation economy. However, why don’t we see this narrative told more in mainstream outlets? This panel showcases grassroots leaders and entrepreneurs who are owning and creating this new narrative.
Other Resources / Information
- Develop deeper insights about the US Latinx community’s purchasing power and creatives influencing mainstream America.
- Understand how to build better representation of Latinx stories across the industry through social impact and company programs.
- Learn how the Latinx community, as well as other people of color, will continue to drive the innovation economy forward in years to come.
- Josh Torres, Director of Tech Talent Advancement , Kapor Center
- Beatriz Acevedo, President, Acevedo Foundation
- Masha Chernyak, Vice President of Programs, Latino Community Foundation
- Lili Gangas, Chief Technology Communications Officer, Kapor Center
Josh Torres, Director of Tech Talent Advancement, Kapor Center for Social Impact
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.