A number of Universities have established Education Innovation Centers, to foster research and disseminate best practices on evidence-based approaches, novel pedagogies, and advances in learning science. In this panel, several founding directors of such Centers will provide a survey of these efforts, explore similarities and differences, and describe the community-building approaches spanning multiple disciplines necessary to further similar initiatives at different institutions and regions.
- Explain challenges and barriers to establishing and growing an education innovation center.
- Summarize how education innovation centers lead to the development of new communities on and off campus
- Describe how innovation centers influence and are influenced by the organizational structures in which they are embedded
- Adam Fontecchio, Professor and Director, The CASTLE Center @ Drexel University
- Youngmoo Kim, Director and Professor, ExCITe Center, Drexel University
- Mike Reese, Associate Dean, Johns Hopkins University Center for Educational Resources
Adam Fontecchio, Professor & Director, Drexel University
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.