Escaping Doom: Transforming Science into Experience
We know that climate change is real. Data is the language of science, however, data alone is often incomprehensible to the average person. This panel and our real-life experiential escape room makes scientific findings accessible and encourages informed discussion and decision making by all. At UT Austin, leveraging existing data and expertise, we're developing an escape room to explore how scientific research can be integrated into an engaging, entertaining and educational storytelling experience.
Share this idea
- Good storytelling is key to communicate complex scientific findings. In our case, climate science is explained by way of experiential design.
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary learning is the new frontier.
- Experience design has huge potential for technologists, designers, educators artisans, producers and marketers to teach, showcase and entertain.
- Doreen Lorenzo, Assistant Dean, School of Design and Creative Technologies, University of Texas at Austin
- David Kramer, • Escaping the Future: Translating science into unforgettable experience , Gensler
- Fernanda Leite, Associate Progessor, University of Tex at Austin
- Marc Petit, General Manager, Epic Games
Doreen Lorenzo, Asst Dean, The University of Texas at Austin