Unicorns of Color: Where are They?
Everyone is searching for this year’s unicorns, startups that are valued over $1 billion. While they come from a wide range of industries, unicorns are overwhelmingly founded by white men. So, where are the unicorns of color? How can we break down the barriers that hold back founders of color from finding this kind of success? Unicorns of color shouldn’t be so rare. Join representatives from venture capital firms and ecosystem builders that focus on finding these future unicorns and igniting pathways to capital.
Other Resources / Information
- What are the barriers that founders face when scaling their companies?
- What does it take to support entrepreneurs of color as they strive to become a unicorn?
- What needs to change in order to see the first unicorn of color?
- Sarah Koch, VP of Social Innovation, The Case Foundation
- Renee Wittemyer, Sr Lead for Tech Innovation, Pivotal Ventures
- Kathryn Finney, CEO, digitalundivided
Jennifer Roche, Program Associate, The Case Foundation
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.