SXSW EDU 2020
Is the Market Delivering on K-12 Ed-Tech Needs?
There’s often a disconnect between the kinds of products that districts want from the market and what vendors actually deliver. We’ll take a look at where this breakdown is occurring by diving into the data. We look at recent, nationwide surveys conducted by EdWeek Market Brief of K-12 officials of their ideal products, and by Whiteboard Advisors on how district officials are spending through a critical federal program -- Title IV -- on ed-tech, whole-child efforts and other programs.
- Companies will come away with a stronger grasp of the mismatch between district product needs and what vendors are actually delivering.
- Both district officials and vendors will gain a depth of knowledge of the federal Title IV program, which is a major sources of funding for ed-tech.
- Districts and vendors will come away with a stronger sense of each other's needs, based on what data show about their products and priorities.
- Sean Cavanagh, Managing Editor, EdWeek Market Brief
- David Deschryver, Director, Education Week
Sean Cavanagh, Managing Editor, EdWeek Market Brief
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.