In this session, the regulars from the podcast Marijuana Today will discuss the latest news in cannabis business, politics, and law. The conversation will focus primarily on the status of efforts to reform federal law and to promote equity in the cannabis industry.
Marijuana Today, a leading podcast on the business and politics of marijuana, has been producing weekly episodes since 2014. Each week, a rotating panel of regulars--each with a different area of expertise in the cannabis space--talk about the latest developments in the cannabis industry, the politics of legalization, and the effectiveness of public policy. The show averages between 20,000 and 25,000 downloads per episode, and has become a must-listen for anyone interested in cannabis business, law and politics.
Other Resources / Information
- What is the status of efforts to reform federal cannabis law? What are the roadblocks to reform, and when can we expect to see federal legalization?
- Marijuana prohibition has had a disproportionate impact on communities of color. How can we help to ensure equity in the legal cannabis industry?
- Each panelist's pick of the most significant development in cannabis in the past year, and prediction for the coming year.
- Alex Kreit, Visiting Professor, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Betty Aldworth, Executive Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- Shanita Penny, Founder/CEO, Budding Solutions
- Dan Goldman, Co-Host, MJ Today Media
Alex Kreit, Visiting Professor, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.