Your privacy: who is responsible for it? This session will delve into where responsibility for ensuring consumer privacy lies: with the individual, technology companies, the government - or all three. Panel to include:
-Jennifer Kite-Powell: Tech journalist/Forbes contributor who reports on the human side of tech.
-Hayley Tsukayama: Legislative activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, former tech reporter for The Washington Post.
-Mike Feibus: Industry analyst, USA Today contributor & host of YouTube series “Privacy Now” exploring how companies leverage consumer information, what’s being done about it & how individuals can protect themselves.
-Pankaj Srivastava: COO/CMO of FigLeaf, a privacy-first company that believes when privacy is a choice, humanity is free.
- Where does an individual’s privacy begin and end? Is ‘privacy a fundamental right’ and, if so, who is responsible for it?
- Is online privacy possible? If so, what can individuals do to take privacy into their own hands if they so choose?
- Privacy perspectives via a legislative activist from EFF.org, a Forbes tech journalist, a tech industry analyst & a privacy-first technology company
- Hayley Tsukayama, Legislative Activist, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Jennifer Kite-Powell, Forbes Contributor, Jennifer Kite-Powell
- Mike Feibus, President & Principal Analyst, FeibusTech
- Pankaj Srivastava, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, FigLeaf
Frances Lee, Account Coordinator, Mercury Global Partners
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.