Following years of data breaches & privacy abuses, consumers have woken up to the fact the technology they need & love is being used to take away their personal freedom and control.
For too long online privacy was deemed a security issue. Today, privacy is recognized as a fundamental right. In this session, the audience will be guided through a discussion on privacy regulation. Each speaker will offer their unique perspective on privacy as it pertains to global regulation, regulation of companies, the impact of GDPR & how consumers can & will respond to potential new privacy laws.
Together, the speakers will address the question of where responsibility for ensuring privacy lies: with the individual, technology companies, the government - or all three.
Other Resources / Information
- Highlighting privacy research, including FigLeaf’s study showing those who believed the gov’t should handle privacy dropped 75% to 6%, 2018 & 2019
- A look at the evolution of data privacy around the world and different measures being taken to maintain digital freedom
- The unique perspective on privacy regulation from a privacy-first company, a long-time tech industry analyst and a multinational technology company
- Pankaj Srivastava, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, FigLeaf
- Mike Feibus, President & Principal Analyst, FeibusTech
- Alicia Wang, Product Manager, Lenovo
Natalee Gibson, Managing Director, Mercury Global Partners
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.