The Future is Accessible - Accessibility in XR
Today, XR is redefining what we consider reality, and creating the potential for entirely new mediums and means of expression. This paradigm-shifting technology allows users to experience entire worlds or alter their perceptions of reality. For XR technology to reach its full potential, it needs to be accessible. As we develop VR, AR, and other spatial computing experiences we have the opportunity to create technologies that are accessible from the start.
Hear from industry experts, academics, and creators on the current state of accessibility in XR and what we can do to ensure the future of XR is for everyone.
Other Resources / Information
- Attendees will have an understanding of the state of XR accessibility and some of the ways users with disabilities interface with emerging technology.
- Attendees will have practical techniques they can implement today to make their experiences more accessible to users.
- Attendees will get a possible roadmap to how XR can be built with accessibility in mind, and how this creates a future where XR is truly for everyone.
- Andrew Eiche, CTOwl and Cable Slinger, Owlchemy Labs Inc
- Poorna Kushalnagar, Associate Professor/Director DHCQoL, Gallaudet University
- Christopher Patnoe, Sr Program Manager, Accessibility, Google
Andrew Eiche, CTO (Chief Technology Owl) and Cable Wrangler, Owlchemy Labs
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.