Blockchain is a distributed, encrypted digital ledger technology. Because blockchain allows people to work together directly without the need for central authority to verify transactions or keep data safe, there is growing interest in the ways it could transform traditional educational systems. Join us to examine promising educational applications and collaboratively prototype uses for blockchain in learning by imagining what education systems might look when decentralized and/or distributed.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will gain an awareness of blockchain and associated technologies.
- Participants will explore new ways to structure education systems, considering how it might operate as a decentralized and/or distributed systems.
- Participants will brainstorm, develop, and prototype speculative uses for Blockchain in K-12 education systems.
- Tyler Samstag, Director of Innovation, Allegheny Intermediate Unit
- Jason Swanson, Director of Strategic Foresight, KnowledgeWorks
Tyler Samstag, Director of Innovation, Allegheny Intermediate Unit
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.