SXSW EDU 2020
AI + HI (Human Intelligence) = Educational Equity
To achieve educational equity by addressing learner variability, we need to blend AI with HI (human intelligence) through data. Combining AI & HI maximizes how educators can personalize instruction and empower learners to help them reach their full potential. We will discuss & define terms including personalized learning, whole child frameworks, & equity in school. The panel will include a lively debate among varied experts & will encourage audience participation through polling & discussion.
Share this idea
- Learners will discover how blending AI and HI through data helps drive personalized instruction and educational equity in the classroom.
- Learners will be exposed to the Learner Variability Navigator tool and how it can help developers leverage research in the development of products.
- Learners will understand the definitions of key terms (personalized, human intelligence, etc.) within the context of a K-12 classroom.
- Michael Horn, Co-founder and Distinguished Fellow , Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation
- Liz Brooke, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Chief Learning Officer, Rosetta Stone Inc.
- Vic Vuchic, Chief Innovation Officer, Digital Promise Global
- Baron Davis, Ph.D., Superintendent, Richland School District Two
Andrea Riggs, Senior Director, Communications, Rosetta Stone, Inc.