How Publishers can Address the Data Opportunity
A panel of digital publishing veterans discussing the opportunities and challenges of using first-party data to drive user engagement and monetization.
With tech capabilities expanding, privacy rules tightening and user trust at a premium, publishers are scrambling to make the most of their data. However, "data" can mean different things to different people, paralyzing many organizations and impeding progress for most.
Deloitte and Google conducted a global research study to narrow the scope for news & media organizations, define a data maturity curve, and plot a path forward. They identified the top four strategic foundations and top nine tactical use cases common across the industry.
Come hear how small, medium, and large US publishers are addressing this opportunity.
Other Resources / Information
- The top nine use cases where publishers are using audience data to drive their business
- The four foundations of leading a data-informed company
- Real-world examples of how small, medium, and large-size US publishers are leveraging their first-party data
- Mark Wolly, Head of Emerging Product Solutions, Google
- Rob Aitken, Managing Director, Deloitte Consulting, LLP
- Beth Diaz, Vice President, Audience Development and Analytics, The Washington Post
- Catherine Badalamente, Vice President & Chief Innovation Officer, Graham Media Group
Mark Wolly, Head of Emerging Product Solutions, Google
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.